Anchor 2019 - Year in Review
December 31, 2019
We put together a a little video of some of our highlights from 2019.
A few of our highs and lows from the past year include:
- Increased clarity of our vision and mission
- Loss of Jody Masse, one of our homeless and friends, and a balloon launching to celebrate his life
- Winter retreat in New Hampshire
- IF:Gathering Women's Conference at Reverence Church (and the guys cooking breakfast!)
- Football in the PAACA parking lot during our Tuesday night Mobile Ministry run
- Friday discipleship group at Anchor
- Fast & Feast began to pray for our team and direction for this ministry
- Hosting a team from Resonate Church in Minnesota. We loved sharing ministry with them and getting to know them
- Weekly street outreaches that provide food, toiletries, prayer, and support to those in need
- Communion at Anchor during Holy Week and 'Pops' mouthing the words of 1 Corinthians 11:24 'this is my body, which is for you.'
- One of our long-time friends from the street walking into one of our Fast and Feast prayer nights at Anchor and then goes into recovery.
- Movie night at The Terrells (We're so happy to have introduced The Princess Bride to some of the younger crowd!
- Another year of our Monday morning prayer meeting
- Forming deeper relationships with those we serve at the Wednesday Bible studies and lunches
- Trunk or Treat with Reverence Church on Brock Avenue
- The growth, both in fellowship & understanding, of the Tuesday afternoon Bible study at Mobile Ministries
- Sending a team to Thistle Farms National Network Conference to learn about opening a residential program
- Anchor established as a Thistle Farms Sister Organization
- Team-building activities included in our regular meetings (spaghetti and marshmallow towers, anyone?)
- Partnering with Christian Fellowship Center for the A21 Walk for Freedom at Riverside Park
- Theology for the City classes with Pastor Nate and his dad, Pastor Bob Hall
- Lots of one-on-one discipleship conversations happening behind the scenes
- Anchor Staff Appreciation Awards and gingerbread house-building contest
What a year it's been! We are giving thanks for all God has taught us in 2019 and are looking forward to all He will do in 2020!